- Huntington Bank’s two checking account bonus offers were set to expire on Feb. 6, but they’ve been extended to June 7.
- Huntington Bank Platinum Perks Checking: New personal checking account customers can earn a $600 bonus for depositing $25,000 within 90 days of account opening; offer expires June 7.
- Huntington Bank Perks Checking: New personal checking account customers can earn a $400 bonus for receiving a qualifying direct deposit of any amount within 90 days of account opening; offer expires June 7.
Platinum Perks Checking – $600: How To Get It
- Open a new Huntington Bank Platinum Perks Checking account by June 7: You can open this account online or in person. If you open it online, be sure to apply from the promotional page linked here to be eligible for the bonus.
- Deposit at least $25,000 in new money within 90 days: You can make this deposit all at once or throughout the 90 days. These deposits must come from outside Huntington Bank—you won’t be eligible for the bonus if you transfer the money from another Huntington account. These do not need to be direct deposits.
- Keep the account open for 90 days: You must keep your account open for 90 days, although you don’t need to maintain the $25,000 balance, according to Huntington Bank.
- Receive the bonus: Huntington says the $600 bonus will be deposited into your account within 14 days of meeting the requirements.
Perks Checking – $400: How To Get It
- Open a new Huntington Bank Perks Checking account by June 7: You can do this online or in person. For online applications, use the link provided here to ensure you’re eligible for the bonus.
- Receive a qualifying direct deposit of any amount within 90 days: Unlike many bank bonus requirements, for this bonus, you only need to receive a qualifying direct deposit of any amount. Qualifying direct deposits are typically periodic payments, such as employee payroll, pension, or government payments; money transfers you initiate yourself don’t count, nor do payments through peer-to-peer networks such as PayPal, Venmo, or Zelle, according to Huntington Bank.
- Keep the account open for 90 days: You won’t be eligible for the bonus if you close your account in the first 90 days.
- Receive the bonus: Huntington says it will deposit the $400 bonus into your account within 14 days of meeting the requirements.
Learn more about Huntington Bank bonuses, including bonus restrictions and account fees.
Are These Huntington Bank Bonuses Worth It?
The Huntington Bank promotions above are an interesting pair. The Platinum Perks Checking bonus has a relatively high deposit requirement of $25,000, with a fairly high bonus amount of $600. In the selection of bank bonuses we’re currently tracking, we’re seeing a range of $50 to $2,500, and this is higher than most. With this account you’ll need to maintain a total balance of $25,000 in some combination of Huntington Bank accounts, or pay a $25 monthly fee. If you have that much money to keep at the bank anyway, then it may be worth opening the account.
The Perks Checking bonus requirement, on the other hand, is almost as easy as it gets—a direct deposit of any amount within 90 days can earn $400. That makes the Perks Checking promotion quite valuable compared to your average bank bonus, which often runs around $200 or $300 and requires a deposit of several thousand dollars.
With the Perks Checking account you’ll pay a $10 monthly fee, unless you make $1,000 in deposits to this account or keep $5,000 in relationship balances.
Both Huntington Bank checking accounts earn a small amount of interest—0.02% for the Perks account, and 0.03% for the Platinum Perks account. While that’s not much compared to our list of the best high-yield checking accounts, the bonus may help offset what you don’t earn over the course of a year.
How We Track Bank Account Bonuses
Every business day, Investopedia tracks 16 banks and the current, new, extended, and expired account bonuses they offer customers. Banks were chosen based on consumer interest. We update our picks for the best bank account bonuses, the best checking account bonuses, and the best savings account bonuses as needed, chosen based on bonus amounts, bonus requirements, and account features. We aim to provide you with news about checking and savings account bonus offers so you can take advantage of them as soon as possible.