- Parties solicited to invest in the pre-initial public offering (IPO) funding round for Bitmain Technologies, Ltd., the leading maker of cryptocurrency mining software and hardware, received pitch decks falsely suggesting the company had secured financial backing from Digital Sky Technologies Global and GIC Private Limited.
- One of the oldest software wallet providers in the cryptocurrency industry is launching its first hardware product. Announced Thursday, Blockchain has partnered with hardware wallet maker Ledger and started taking orders for a new handheld device called Lockbox. The first batch of shipments will go out in November.
- Distributed ledger tech startup Ripple saw revenue from the sale of the digital asset XRP more than double this past quarter compared to the second quarter of 2018.
- The U.K. Royal Mint has suspended a long-running plan to create a crypto asset representing physical gold holdings.
- Deutsche Bundesbank, Germany’s central bank, and Deutsche Börse, owner of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, have completed a blockchain trial investigating the technology’s potential in securities settlement.
Late Confirmation is a CoinDesk production.
For more information, visit www.CoinDesk.com